Pages

Friday 2 June 2017

Narrative Writing

Jenascia                      Out of the Blocks 30/05/17

WALT- write a narrative
Success Criteria
  • I must use show not tell to create an image in the reader's mind.
  • I should use strong Vocabulary to make my writing sound interesting.
  • I must have a problem and solution.
  • I should organize my ideas into paragraphs.
  • I must focus on one idea in each paragraph.
  • I must use punctuation correctly.
Screenshot 2017-05-30 at 10.58.58.png
It was the day I had been waiting for in years. My heart was racing extremely fast and  my nerves were slightly kicking in. I knew I had trained for hours every single day just to be in that exact spot, so I couldn’t give it all up now. I gazed over at all the other athletes with a purple face, and saw how confident they looked. It made me feel weak, until the moment I had been waiting for came at me like a horrible storm.

All the athletes were told to come up to the starting point. At that moment mixed emotions were filled inside me and I started getting goosebumps. A few seconds later I got ready to run at my best. Getting into the start position was frightening, as many eyes from the audience glared at my every move. I knew it was finally my time to shine so I waited patiently until it was time to run.

All of a sudden BANG!!! The gunshot blew and echoed through the stadium very quick. I sprung out of my starting block in seconds and ran at a furious speed. I could hear the pounding footsteps and heavy breathing of all the athletes. Soon I had found myself in first place. I ran my hardest unaware of what was about to come my way. A few minutes later my leg twisted and I crashed into the ground. I felt inflamed and I was unable to get back on my feet. I saw all the other athletes pass me and run all the way to the finish line.

Suddenly I began visualizing all the effort I had put in just to win the most biggest race of all. I then opened my eyes got back on my two feet, and in a flash I sprinted all the way to the  finish line. As I was running I could hear the audience cheer and encouragement. It had made me feel very confident in going to the end instead of giving up. I had come a long way and the finish line was right in front of me waiting for me to cross it. Just then I dashed across the huge finish line with pride.

I couldn’t believe it, A massive smile appeared on my face within seconds because I knew I wasn’t willing to give up. Instead I ran all the way and finished the race of my dreams. Even though I wasn’t able to come in first place and get a gold medal, I was still proud of myself for getting back up and finishing something I started.

At this point my family were came running towards me. They gave me a huge hug and by the look on faces I just knew I had done the right thing and not giving up. I could hear the crowd cheering because they hadn’t seen anything like it. I had just realized I had become the first female athlete to get back up and finish a race…...





0 comments:

Post a Comment